The management of Club Quilox has released a statement following an incident at the club involving MSN singer Oritse Femi.
In the early hours of the 12th of November 2016, an unfortunate incident occurred between music act Oritsefemi and a member of the security team at Club Quilox
The in.cident started at about 2am Saturday morning when Oritsefemi came into Quilox without prior reservation or table booking. It is important to note that tables are allocated to customers who have made prior paid table bookings in advance of their arrival except such customer is a patron member of the club and tables are allocated on availability in such case.
However Oritsefemi who did not fall into any of the categories above approached a patron and after pleading was accommodated on patron’s table, but with the understanding that other guests of the said patron were still been expected to join the table shortly which Oritsefemi agreed to. It is important to note that this is a table that could only accommodate a maximum of six people over looking the center of attraction part of the club.
In a surprising turn of event, Oristsemi who was drinking from the patron’s bottle, threw caution to the wind by attempting to sit some of his guests at the table, the surprised patron strongly rejected such effrontery and invited the bouncer guarding the floor to intervene .The bouncer politely approached Oritsefemi and told him that the patron who owned the table did not want any of Oritsefemi’s guest joining in as the patron’s guests were still being expected as he previously informed him. However Oristefemi in a fit of unprovoked rage slapped the bouncer then proceeded to breaking a glass in his hand and stabbing him in the eye. Despite his position or the power he thinks he has as a celebrity, this is not an excuse for inflicting grave bodily harm on another human being.
The scene quickly became rowdy as other customers rushed to the table and confronted the artist for his violent behavior, our security team quickly stepped in to salvage the situation by carrying Oristefemi out of the club (this is our standard procedure for violent altercations) while other members of staff focused on giving First aid treatment to the bouncer who almost lost his eye and had already lost so much blood. Oristefemi faced by an enraged crowd outside and perhaps realizing the gravity of his offense pretended to collapse. The artist and the bouncer were subsequently rushed to a nearby hospital.
The bouncer affected insisted on pressing charges as thus he and Oritsefemi went from the hospital to Bar Beach police station, where Oritsefemi accepted his offense and pleaded for mercy, he was granted bail at 7pm on the 12th of November and advised to report back to the station on Tuesday 15th of November 2016.
We were hesitant to release a press statement as several well meaning people have attempted to intercede on behalf of the artist but after his malicious and grossly false account of the event that occurred, it is only fair that we defend the integrity and ethos of our organization.
IMPORTANT POINTS TO NOTE ARE
– Quilox is the number one luxury nightlife brand in Nigeria, all areas of our establishment are premium as thus the allegation of denying access of certain people to certain areas is completely unfounded. this particular issue happened on a table of six at the upstairs part of the club not in the entire VIP area.
– Quilox treats all our patrons with the utmost respect and dignity, our professionalism and uncompromising customer service is what has kept us at the peak for so long, the poorly worded statement by Oritsefemi’s media team claiming our CEO made derogatory remarks towards our loyal clientele(A list celebrities) is reasons best known to him, because instead of taking responsibility for his actions him and his management are looking for artist support, to what cause?
– Club Quilox did not press charges against the artist despite his unruly behavior at our establishment, however the bouncer in question has signified his intention to pursue his fundamental human rights due to the grave bodily harm that befell him.
– The music industry veteran – Sound Sultan is a member of the Quilox family and cousin to our CEO as thus it is impossible for him to be treated in the manner Oritsefemi implied, as a matter of fact he was one of those who quickly diffused the situation before it got out of hand.
– Club Quilox prides itself on the premium luxury lifestyle experience we provide our patrons, we abhor violence and do not support or condone any such acts on our premises.
– Oristefemi did not report ANY missing jewelry in his statement at the Bar beach Police Station neither did he make any reports to the management of Club Quilox.
Attached are graphic pictures and a video of the bouncer Oritsefemi assaulted and also a picture of Oritefemi at the hospital before taken to the police station, with the said weapon included.
We thank our members and patrons for their unrelenting loyalty and custom as we assure them of their continued safety and comfort at Club Quilox.