36 Amazing Facts About Lawyers
Here are 36 Interesting Lawyer facts.
1-5 Lawyer Facts
1. A man falsely imprisoned for 10 years spent most of his time at the library to study law and prove his innocence, and then became a lawyer to help free other people who have been falsely convicted. – Source
2. You are guaranteed a lawyer if you cannot afford one (in the U.S.) because a poor man was convicted unjustly, began reading law in prison, and wrote the Supreme Court, saying that he should have been given a lawyer despite his lack of money. He was retired and acquitted. – Source
3. A lawyer was hired for a traffic case. Instead of sitting his client at the witness table, he dressed another lawyer to look like the client. When the only witness (a policeman) was asked to point to the defendant in the room he pointed to the fake client. The real defendant was found not guilty. – Source
4. HBO had to hire a team of 160 lawyers before releasing its film “Going Clear: Scientology and the Prison of Belief” because of the Church’s litigious nature. – Source
5. Metallica’s lawyer once sent a cease and desist letter to a Metallica cover band. Metallica later said they had no idea the letter had been sent and offered an apology and told Rolling Stone that they had started out as a cover band, adding “Heck, we even recorded a two-disc album of covers!” – Source